Welcome to Bergen Knit Festival
October 1-3 2021
We are currently working on the program for this years festival.
About the festival
The festival takes place at the Textile Industry Museum, an old textile mill in Salhus, about 20 minutes from Bergen by car. The museum preserves the former textile mill Salhus Tricotagefabrik (1859–1989), a national industrial heritage site selected by the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage. Read more.
The festival offers workshops, talks and a market place with local and independent vendors that sell yarn and other things related to yarn and knitting.
We welcome you to the cosiest and warmest festival in Norway
Podcasters, blogger or journalist focused on knitting?
Email email@example.com to apply for a press pass.
How to get to the festival
- By car: 20 minutes from Bergen city centre. Follow the road to Åsane and turn left at IKEA. Follow the signs for Salhus from there. Address: Salhusvegen 201. Note: There will be NO available parking in Salhus!
- By bus from the city centre: Take bus no. 3 Støbotn, or 4 Flaktveit from Bryggen to Åsane terminal. Departures every 10 minutes (17 min. travel time). Change bus at Åsane Terminal to no. 35 Salhus/Klauvaneset which departs every hour (11.40, 12.40, 13.30, 14.40, 15.40). Exit the bus at Salhus kai (12 min. travel time). Return: bus no. 35 Åsane Terminal (departs from the same bus stop) and change bus at Åsane Terminal to return to Bergen. For more information about the bus schedule, visit www.skyss.no
- Alternative 2: Take bus number 3 to the final stop, Støbotn, and walk 30 min. to the museum.
- Alternative 3: Taxi from Bergen / Åsane terminal (costs about 200 NOK from Åsane).
- The café is open during the entire festival, serving sandwiches, warm food, drinks, cake and waffles.
- The hotels closest to the festival site are in Bergen city centre.