Welcome to Bergen Knitting Festival 2018
September 28th – September 30th in Bergen, Norway.
The festival takes place at The Norwegian Knitting Industry Museum, an old textile mill in Salhus, about 20 minutes from Bergen by car. The museum preserve the former textile mill Salhus Tricotagefabrik (1859–1989), a national industrial heritage site selected by the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage. Read more.
The festival has workshops, talks and a market place with local vendors that sell yarn and other things related to yarn an knitting. Please note that the talks and workshops are given in Norwegian.
- Friday: doors open at 17.00. Official opening at 19.00.
- Saturday: doors open at 11.00. Market place is open from 12.00 – 19.00
- Sunday: doors open at 11.00. Market place open from 11.00 – 16.00
All tickets sold in advance (including the workshops ticket) gives access the festival market, talks and knitting lounge.
- Weekend pass: 770 NOK (HELGEPASS)
- Friday ticket: 370 NOK (FREDAG: Åpning av Bergen Strikkefestival 2018)
- Saturday ticket: 470 NOK (LØRDAGSPASS)
- Sunday ticket: 370 NOK (SØNDAGSPASS)
- Buy your ticket here
- Market place and knitting lounge only: 130 NOK (only available to purchase at the entrance Saturday and Sunday)
How to get to the festival
- By car: 20 minutes from Bergen city centre. Follow the road to Åsane and turn left at IKEA. Follow the signs for Salhus from there. Address: Salhusvegen 201.
- By bus from the city centre: Take bus no. 3 Støbotn, or 4 Flaktveit from Bryggen to Åsane terminal. Departures every 10 minutes (17 min. travel time). Change bus at Åsane Terminal to no. 35 Salhus/Klauvaneset which departs every hour (11.40, 12.40, 13.30, 14.40, 15.40). Exit the bus at Salhus kai (12 min. travel time). Return: bus no. 35 Åsane Terminal (departs from the same bus stop) and change bus at Åsane Terminal to return to Bergen. For more information about the bus schedule, visit www.skyss.no
- Alternative 2: Take bus number 3 to the final stop, Støbotn, and walk 30 min. to the museum.
- Alternative 3: Taxi from Bergen / Åsane terminal (costs about 200 NOK from Åsane).
- The café is open during the whole festival with sandwiches, warm food, drinks, cake and waffels.
- The hotels closest to the festival site are in Bergen city centre.
strikkefestival @ muho.no