Welcome to Bergen Knit Festival
September 25-27 2020
- Weekend pass / helgepass (Friday–Sunday): NOK 750,-
- Friday / fredag kveld (opening party): NOK 350,-
- Saturday pass / dagspass lørdag: NOK 500,-
- Sunday pass / dagspass søndag: NOK 300,-
- Workshops: individual prices
- Market place ticket only (only sold at the door): NOK 130,-
Weekend pass and day passes include talks, market place and other activities. Workshop tickets include a day pass.
The marked place is open Saturday 12-19 and Sunday 11-16.
See the full festival programme here (in Norwegian)
Please note that most of the talks and workshops are given in Norwegian, unless otherwise stated.
About the festival
The festival takes place at The Norwegian Knitting Industry Museum, an old textile mill in Salhus, about 20 minutes from Bergen by car. The museum preserves the former textile mill Salhus Tricotagefabrik (1859–1989), a national industrial heritage site selected by the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage. Read more.
The festival offers workshops, talks and a market place with local and independent vendors that sell yarn and other things related to yarn and knitting.
We welcome you to the cosiest and warmest festival in Norway
Do you want to be a part of our market place? We’re always interested in new and inspiring vendors focusing on knitting and fibers. For more information, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcasters, blogger or journalist focused on knitting?
Email email@example.com to apply for a press pass.
How to get to the festival
- By car: 20 minutes from Bergen city centre. Follow the road to Åsane and turn left at IKEA. Follow the signs for Salhus from there. Address: Salhusvegen 201. Note: There will be NO available parking in Salhus!
- By bus from the city centre: Take bus no. 3 Støbotn, or 4 Flaktveit from Bryggen to Åsane terminal. Departures every 10 minutes (17 min. travel time). Change bus at Åsane Terminal to no. 35 Salhus/Klauvaneset which departs every hour (11.40, 12.40, 13.30, 14.40, 15.40). Exit the bus at Salhus kai (12 min. travel time). Return: bus no. 35 Åsane Terminal (departs from the same bus stop) and change bus at Åsane Terminal to return to Bergen. For more information about the bus schedule, visit www.skyss.no
- Alternative 2: Take bus number 3 to the final stop, Støbotn, and walk 30 min. to the museum.
- Alternative 3: Taxi from Bergen / Åsane terminal (costs about 200 NOK from Åsane).
Book a room with a dicount at Augustin Hotel.
Rates: Single room: NOK 1050,- , double room NOK 1350,-
To get the discount contact the hotel by phone: +47 55 30 40 50 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the code 4233280. The code can not be used to book via the online booking system.
- The café is open during the entire festival, serving sandwiches, warm food, drinks, cake and waffles.
- The hotels closest to the festival site are in Bergen city centre.