Welcome to Bergen Knit Festival
September 25-27 2020
Important information about Bergen Strikkefestival (Bergen Knit Fest) 2020:
The corona virus has changed everyday life for all of us, and we are working on a way to organise Bergen Strikkefestival and spread our love of knitting without increasing the risk of contagion. Although it might be possible to allow larger assemblies of people in September, social distancing requirements and heightened hygiene measures mean that we have had to rethink the format of the event. We are now planning for a smaller event, focused on workshops. (We will also look into the possibility of organizing some lectures for a limited audience.)
The most important changes are: there will not be a large opening event, lectures with larger audiences or a yarn market. The workshops programme remains, as workshops can be organised in line with current government regulations and guidelines. We will also consider alternative solutions such as live streaming lectures and digital workshops. The festival will only be open to those who have bought a ticket to a course or another individual event.
We ask for your understanding for the fact that the details concerning the festival are not quite ready yet. We are working hard to find good alternate solutions. If you are a course instructor or lecturer, have applied for a place at the festival market or as a volunteer, we have sent you more detailed information by e-mail.
Please note that all of the talks and workshops for Bergen Knit Fest 2020 are given in Norwegian.
About the festival
The festival takes place at the Textile Industry Museum, an old textile mill in Salhus, about 20 minutes from Bergen by car. The museum preserves the former textile mill Salhus Tricotagefabrik (1859–1989), a national industrial heritage site selected by the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage. Read more.
The festival offers workshops, talks and a market place with local and independent vendors that sell yarn and other things related to yarn and knitting.
We welcome you to the cosiest and warmest festival in Norway
Podcasters, blogger or journalist focused on knitting?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a press pass.
How to get to the festival
- By car: 20 minutes from Bergen city centre. Follow the road to Åsane and turn left at IKEA. Follow the signs for Salhus from there. Address: Salhusvegen 201. Note: There will be NO available parking in Salhus!
- By bus from the city centre: Take bus no. 3 Støbotn, or 4 Flaktveit from Bryggen to Åsane terminal. Departures every 10 minutes (17 min. travel time). Change bus at Åsane Terminal to no. 35 Salhus/Klauvaneset which departs every hour (11.40, 12.40, 13.30, 14.40, 15.40). Exit the bus at Salhus kai (12 min. travel time). Return: bus no. 35 Åsane Terminal (departs from the same bus stop) and change bus at Åsane Terminal to return to Bergen. For more information about the bus schedule, visit www.skyss.no
- Alternative 2: Take bus number 3 to the final stop, Støbotn, and walk 30 min. to the museum.
- Alternative 3: Taxi from Bergen / Åsane terminal (costs about 200 NOK from Åsane).
- The café is open during the entire festival, serving sandwiches, warm food, drinks, cake and waffles.
- The hotels closest to the festival site are in Bergen city centre.