Welcome to Bergen Knit Festival
September 27th – 29th 2019
The festival takes place at The Norwegian Knitting Industry Museum, an old textile mill in Salhus, about 20 minutes from Bergen by car. The museum preserve the former textile mill Salhus Tricotagefabrik (1859–1989), a national industrial heritage site selected by the Norwegian Directorate for Cultural Heritage. Read more.
The festival offers workshops, talks and a market place with local vendors that sell yarn and other things related to yarn and knitting.
Please note that most of the talks and workshops are given in Norwegian language, unless stated.
The program for the 2019 festival will be launched in spring of 2019. The tickets go live in June. Follow us on Instagram for updates on the festival.
We welcome you again to the cosiest and warmest festival in Norway!
Do you want to be a part of our market place? We’re always interested in new and inspiring vendors focusing on knitting and fibers. For more information, email us: email@example.com
Podcasters, blogger or journalist focusing on knitting?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a press pass.
How to get to the festival
- By car: 20 minutes from Bergen city centre. Follow the road to Åsane and turn left at IKEA. Follow the signs for Salhus from there. Address: Salhusvegen 201.
- By bus from the city centre: Take bus no. 3 Støbotn, or 4 Flaktveit from Bryggen to Åsane terminal. Departures every 10 minutes (17 min. travel time). Change bus at Åsane Terminal to no. 35 Salhus/Klauvaneset which departs every hour (11.40, 12.40, 13.30, 14.40, 15.40). Exit the bus at Salhus kai (12 min. travel time). Return: bus no. 35 Åsane Terminal (departs from the same bus stop) and change bus at Åsane Terminal to return to Bergen. For more information about the bus schedule, visit www.skyss.no
- Alternative 2: Take bus number 3 to the final stop, Støbotn, and walk 30 min. to the museum.
- Alternative 3: Taxi from Bergen / Åsane terminal (costs about 200 NOK from Åsane).
- The café is open during the whole festival with sandwiches, warm food, drinks, cake and waffels.
- The hotels closest to the festival site are in Bergen city centre.
Get in touch